Jan 4, 2010

I love my kids

My kids just left. The house is eerily quiet but my son left me something amazing.

Let me preface this by saying that Ben isn't really prone to much in the way of displays of emotion. He's the kind of kid that hugs you by kind of leaning against you most of the time but doesn't often fully commit to the squeeze. In fact I would say that of my two children Ben is the one who I engage in the most "robust dialogue"with by a mile, mainly because he's a lot like me.

He left me a letter on the kitchen counter. It reads...

Jan. 4th 2009

Dear Daddy,
I am so happy I want to jump off the talest skyscraper in the world. (litterley)
I'm feeling very, really, hiper. So can you build a "hiper house".
THANKS!!! FOR!!!Building my house!!! Love ya!

LOVE: Ben

I'm wrecked. I'm destroyed. What a kid.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are special. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to stay at your house ,I really enjoyed myself. God Bless you and your kids!

    ReplyDelete