Apr 7, 2010

God Bless Texas

First of all let me apologize to my giant fan base for not having blessed you with my drivel for about 3 months now. Life has definitely been going through a transition, a good one that is.

I was driving down the highway to work this morning, looking at the sun coming up across the vast, flat expanse of Texas country, when it dawned on me that this place isn't all that bad.

So after close to 5 years of living here, I'm proud to list my...

Top 10 things I love about Texas (hold your applause until the end please)

10. I can go without a jacket for about 8 months of the year

9. People don't think you're weird for going to church

8. The sun shines A LOT

7. Basic manners are taught to and expected of children

6. No state tax

5. Most neighborhoods have a fantastic sense of community

4. People drive like New Yorkers

3. People possess a tremendous amount of state pride

2. The cost of living and housing is a lot less than other areas of the country

1. It's fun to see cowboys walking around the mall

1 comment:

  1. I so miss it. So I guess you could say the only thing bad about TX is that I am no longer there. :(
    Enjoy in my absence.

    ReplyDelete