Mar 4, 2009

In a New York state of mind

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to take one of my favorite trips. I'll be taking an 8:20am flight from DFW airport to JFK airport in New York, then an hour's drive to where my parents and sister live on Long Island.

Friday is my mom's 64th birthday. My sister, Charlotte, called me with the idea some time ago of surprising my mom for her birthday and i'm actually really excited!

It seems it doesn't matter where we are in life or how old we are, there's always something special about going home. Our family (I mean the original unit of 4) has been through a rough couple of years and i'm looking forward to us all being in the same room, probably around the same table and just reconnecting.

By the way Long Island is still covered in a thick layer of snow. Tomorrow's high temperature there will be 39 degrees. Tomorrow's high here in Texas will be 83 degrees and sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment