Mar 30, 2009

My Angel

Five years ago this evening we were getting ready to head to the hospital for a scheduled C section which would bring our second child Emily Skye Blackmore into our lives.

This event would mark the first and last time that Emily followed any kind of schedule or rules. The last 5 years have been awesome. Emily is a truly unique kids who gets up every day and walks to the beat of her own drum. She's beautiful and wacky, caring and creative, loving and unique and i wouldn't have her any other way.

I'm reduced to mush every time she looks at me and calls me "Dada" and truly humbled to be a father to such an incredible human being.

She's my angel with dirty wings and i can't wait to see her grow up into the amazing young woman she's destined to be.

Happy Birthday darling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonathan

    I stumbled across your blog by Googling the word "thirtysomething" (a great TV show from the 80's)

    I should be in bed (it's 1.20am in Australia) but I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed reading your blog. I've bookmarked you for further enjoyment! You write in a very addicive way!

    That photo of Emily is beautiful. "Free spirit" is such a wonderful way of describing a little girl. She's gorgeous.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete