Feb 19, 2009

Facebook

Six or seven months ago i got in touch with an old friend in England who i hadn't seen or talked to in years. My friend introduced me to Facebook and after just a couple of weeks i was hooked. It was incredibly entertaining and intriguing to connect with people all over the world who had been a part of my life at various points along the way and especially intriguing to see what they look like now!

A couple of months ago i got word from a very reliable source that parties close to the other person involved in my messy current situation had been accessing my Facebook page and pulling off pictures of me living my life (spending time with friends, going to art galleries etc) and trying to use the pictures as proof of me...well...living my life. I decided that it would be best to disable my page and not give any ammunition to the morons who's lives are so empty that they with to inflict additional pain on an already painful situation.

Today i decided that they can go and do things a polite British born man can't actually put in type and i have plans to re-activate my page.

I've learned that however sad and unfair it may seem, there are always going to be those who are quick to judge based on biased facts, quick to pile on when their input is neither welcome nor valued and generally add fuel to a fire for a sick, sensationalist thrill. Sad.

So back to Facebook.

In other news my situation continues to drag. I've always believed that a swift resolution is the best thing for all involved especially the two people i hold dearest. However shortsightedness and plain old greed are powerful motivating factors in this game of two sides.

I won't write any more. Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. good for you, glad you are back and hope that they see what they did and feel it, we are not here to judge....

    ReplyDelete