Feb 25, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings

• Took a mandatory Inclusion and Diversity class at work today. It was conducted in a roundtable group format. My favorite moment was when one of the guys in my group, probably aged 50+, was presented with a scenario where a transgendered customer needs to use a fitting room in a JCP store. The gentleman's suggestion was that they be offered the use of the handicapped fitting room. Priceless.

• Work is OK. Currently designing tons of plaids and stripes which isn't the most creatively stimulating job in the world but has to be done ahead of the more creative work.

• Got a text from my parents in India today. They're about to start the grueling journey home.

• Have to hand over my house key, garage door openers to you know who today. All because i asked for my only spare car key incase i were to be locked out for some reason. The tit for tat attitude got old a LONG time ago. But in the spirit of being the better person...whatever.

• I'm legally not allowed in my own house until this is finalized upon said person's request. I agreed to it purely to keep the process moving forward. My kids need this situation to end, said person needs to grow up.

• Off to see my amazing kids in a few. My guess is we'll end up in Burger King. I know I'm getting old because fast food really doesn't appeal to me in the slightest any more!

• The weather in TX is in the high 70's and beautiful. Meant to hit 80 tomorrow. But knowing Texas it could be in the 30s by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment