Jan 5, 2009

Yes Wii Can


I just spent the last couple of hours playing with my son on what was by far his favorite of Santa's offerings this year- a Nintendo Wii. Now as someone who's old enough to remember being awestruck by the Atari video game systems the "rich" kids had when i was growing up, i do find the technology behind the Wii amazing. However when i do strap on my controller and challenge my son to Baseball or Tennis or Bowling i find something far more remarkable...

 I can't beat the kid!!!

No matter how hard i try or how much i attempt to mimic the way he stands or holds his controller or swings his arm, i just can't do it! What is it in the DNA of kids or my kid in particular that makes them so effortlessly good at these things?!

As a parent i feel it's my responsibility to teach my son that sometimes in life you win and sometimes you lose. But no matter how much i sweat, strain and try to laugh it off, i can't beat him!

Or am I.....gulp.....getting old?!

I remember as a kid spending hours playing Snooker (distant British relative to pool) with my Dad. I wonder what was really going on there?

No comments:

Post a Comment